Consultation +1 (917) 728-1787
Bandhavgarh National Park
The former hunting reserve of the Maharaja of Rewa in central India
Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
Jabalpur, 200 km
624 km2 +
537 km2 buffer zone
October 1 – June 30
After the end of the monsoon in mid-October until the end of November, the vegetation blooms in its full splendor before the cold of winter sets in. From March the temperatures become pleasant again. From April to the beginning of June chances for tiger sightings are excellent, as the drought and heat of the Indian summer drives the animals to the water holes.
Our tiger safaris in Bandhavgarh National Park
Fauna of Bandhavgarh National Park
Bengal tiger, Indian leopard, jungle cat, leopard cat, Indian bison (gaur), blue bull (nilgai), spotted deer (chital), striped hyena, Indian wolf, barking deer (muntjac), sambar deer, four-horned antelope, gray langur, rhesus macaque, golden jackal, sloth bear, Bengal fox, Asian palm civet, small Indian civet, Indian gray mongoose, Indian crested porcupine, Indian boar, Indian hare
Portrtait of Bandhavgarh National Park
Bandhavgarh in the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh was the private hunting ground of the Maharajas of Rewa until the 1960s when it was converted into a national park. Today proud rulers hunt here in striped skins without fear of persecution.
Terrain of Bandhavgarh National Park
The hilly terrain of this breathtaking national park lies on the Deccan Plateau in central India. The vegetation consists of dense sal and bamboo forests, open grasslands and impressive rocky hillocks with steep slopes and fertile valleys. On one of these hills stands a Hindu temple, which until recently was inhabited by a priest and is the destination of a pilgrimage twice a year. The documentary Tiger Temple by National Geographic portrays the priest, the landscape and the rulers of Bandavgharh in an unforgettable way.
Peculiarities of Bandhavgarh National Park
The area of today's national park is also the origin of the white tigers. Mohan, the last wild white tiger was captured here in 1957 and is the father of all today's existing specimens in captivity.